CSCTFL Leadership Program
Mary Thrond and Cathy Stresing
- Select speaker for the annual workshop
- Publicize the workshop and select participants
- Evaluate annual workshop
CSCTFL LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP
Strong leadership is a quality that every organization needs in order to thrive. The Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (CSCTFL) has developed a program that will broaden leadership potential in its 14 state region.
- Participants must apply in advance to attend this daylong workshop on Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- This workshop is offered at no additional charge but participants must register for the conference.
- The participant must be sponsored by a state that is a member of the CSCTFL Advisory Council. Each state may send two attendees. (If there are open spots, the registrant may self-nominate as long as their state is a member of the AC.)
- The workshop will be led by Anne G. Nerenz, Eastern Michigan University.
The Leadership Program Workshop:
- Leadership of people
- How to lead people
- How to deal with tough situations
- How to have a personal vision as a leader
- How to have a vision for your group
- How to think outside the box and take the initiative to be a leader
- Leadership in world languages
- Stay current
- Use best practices
- Be a member of your language organizations and online professional groups
- Advocate for your language program with your administration and state legislators
Applications should be completed by December 1, 2016.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org